Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthdays and Getting Involved in Adoption

Thanks to a tip from a little bird, I'm still going strong on a post each day. ;o) Here's another quick one while I have a moment.

First a little shout-out to my family. My big brother's birthday was Wednesday and my wonderful mom's is today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys and miss you.

Second, I ran across a post I really liked via Shell's blog. So, being me, I'll steal it. :) Basically, the author talks about how many people are called to support the ministry of adoption, but aren't in a place where they can adopt themselves. I hadn't really thought about it the way he puts it, but I think he makes some great points.

When people find out we have adopted, it is not uncommon to hear "Adoption? I've thought about that" or "I've always wanted to do that" or "maybe someday". First, many of those people probably would be wonderful adoptive parents, but may not take the leap. I hope they do. :) Secondly, there are many reasons why people that are moved by the message of adoption just can't do it. Whether it is finances or the way other extrinsic factors are moving their lives, sometimes that isn't the best place to bring a new child in. But there are other ways for people to participate and to support adoption.

Really, Randy says it far better than me. He makes some great points and it's worth the read. Check his post out here.

No comments: