Monday, August 24, 2009

eight, eiGHT, EIGHT!

Hanging out with little sis at the park yesterday.

Grace turned 8 yesterday. That just sounds so OLD! I can't believe it. For some reason, her birthday made me a little emotional this year. Grace was my first baby - the child that made me a mom. I was scared to death of that during my pregnancy! But my first look at her gave me such confidence - she was so tiny and perfect! I knew it wouldn't be easy, but it would be worth it.

And it has been.

Grace is just a likeable kid. She has a few close friends, but generally gets along with everyone. She is smart and funny and loving. And she's really shown her resilancy the past few years. Not only was Grace our first child, she was an only child until she was 5 years old. In the last 3 years, she acquired a baby sister, little brother and little sister and now, a big sister! Sure, it hasn't always been rainbows and kittens, but generally speaking she has risen up to be a wonderful sister and daughter. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Enjoying her favorite present - her binoculars. She liked the huge pillow too!

She had picked brownies for her "cake" but we all decided we were sick of them. She chose some cupcakes from the grocery store last minute - I thought it was awful, but she was excited since we rarely buy cakes! Easy for me!


2 comments:

NatalieEbigScott said...

Happy Birthday Grace! :) God, time flies!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!!

Loved looking at your picture parade. :)