Thursday, July 30, 2009

An Unforgetable Day

More photos!
 
Most of these are from our trip to Debre Zeyit.  We were able to meet Selam's family (and Hana's too, obviously).  I don't think I have time or the energy to describe our day.  And I want to respect their privacy.  But I do want to say that it was wonderful and terrible and such an amazing honor.  A feast was prepared in our honor and it was delicious.  I couldn't even eat half of it. 
 
We leave for the US tomorrow night.  The trip has gone so fast.  I miss my family, but leaving is so bittersweet.  It will be very hard to leave it all behind...
 
Off until we hit US soil (and I get some sleep!) ...

4 comments:

Thankfulmom said...

Cat,
It is wonderful reading your updates. I'm so glad you are all doing well.

Lisa

Wendy said...

Will give you a big sigh of relief when you make it back to the U.S. with your whole family. :-)

Julie said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING. Will be sooooooooo happy when you are both back safely!

elizabee said...

I know exactly what you mean "wonderful" and "terrible" is exactly right on the mark. Meeting our Hana's father, Behailu, was the most humbling experience of my life.