Friday, June 12, 2009

Connections... and an Update!

We just got home a bit ago from a playdate at a fellow adoptive family's home. (Thanks so much for having us Mary!) It was quite a gathering (10 families? 15? More? No idea!) of families who have adopted from Ethiopia. Now, over the past few years I've gotten to know quite a few different families in the area that have adopted from ET - and yet, I didn't know a SINGLE person there when I first got there (and we were late...) I did end up knowing a few and made some new friends. But just goes to show how BIG the ET adoption community has grown - and continues to grow. Wonderful.


We had a lot of fun, played with some amazing kids, talked to some fabulous parents and just generally enjoyed ourselves. Just a great reminder to keep these connections open. I could share my court frustrations with people that actually understood! It was liberating. :)

As for my "update" ... I'm hesitant to even share it since I'm sure it will backfire on me! But I can't help but get my hopes up. I got an email from our agency yesterday - the documents we've been waiting for are in! This should give MOWA ample time to review and prepare the letter for court on Tuesday.

I'm realistic. These documents might not be what MOWA is looking for. Or there might be an error. Or MOWA may want even more information. Or the court could decide something else is missing. There is no guaranty that this is it.

But it has to happen eventually right? This really COULD be it????

If we pass on Tuesday, I think we would travel mid-July, but probably more likely the last week of July.

I cannot wait to have her home. I've just been missing her lately. All these things I was looking forward to sharing with her this summer. Camping. Beach. Catching the first lightening bugs. Family movie nights... there is just this empty spot where she is supposed to be.

We've got to be in the homestretch. Right? Right????

8 comments:

Thankfulmom said...

Right. Absolutely right. It's your turn now.

Cory and Margaret said...

I am SOOOO happy to hear that things are FINALLY moving forward for you!!!

Bethany said...

Stay positive! SO close.

Jennifer said...

Right!

Mindy said...

Thinking and praying for you tonight as court opens up 7 hours ahead of us. :) I am super optimistic that THIS will be the one! It was great to see you last Friday, I can't wait to celebrate with you in two weeks when we go camping. :)

Wendy said...

Sending positive energy your way.

Matthew and Amanda said...

Oh Cat, I got chills just thinking about this finally being it. I hope and pray and hope and pray that this is finally it.

Amanda

Heather A. said...

Just wanted to say that we're saying extra prayers that you pass court with flying colors tomorrow.

Blessings, Heather A