Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Ride Continues...

It appears that I misunderstood. Our case was not scheduled to be heard/approved today. I believe what was supposed to happen was that the agency reps from several of the agencies that dealt with last Thursday's nonsense were scheduled to meet with the judge and a MOWA rep Wednesday afternoon. But the MOWA rep was not present.

I believe that this meeting has now been delayed until tomorrow.

I don't know what the potential outcomes might be. I have a few GUESSES. It may be that the judge is tired of MOWA's delays and just orders them to submit the approval letters as soon as they can (which could still take weeks ?), assuming the judge has that power (which he/she may not). Or the judge may agree to assign new court dates to all of the families would have not yet been approved - which might result in another couple months delay. :( Or it could be anywhere in between. We just don't know.

Trying to hang in there. I think some resolution is coming and fairly soon. I just wish I knew how quickly that resolution will lead to *S* being legally declared to be our daughter ...

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Ug! I am so sorry....I was fully expecting to come and read wonderful news!! Continuing to pray that you hear positive news soon!!!!

Mindy said...

I'm hoping and praying that tomorrow is the long awaited day for your family! Thinking of you through this awfully LONG ordeal!!!

Jillienne said...

This is just crazy! I am so sorry. We will be thinking of you tomorrow.