Friday, April 3, 2009

Trouble with Translation...

One top of everything else, we still have the problem with the Power of Attorneys. :( Just got an email from our agency that indicates that MOWA thus far has not been willing to accept the old (or the new, but un-translated) power of attorney forms (as evidenced by its failure to issue approval letters for court dates this week).

There is a bright spot - the judge apparently did not agree with MOWA's requirement and did allow the new attorney to appear on behalf of the AAI families and may even be assisting AAI to convince MOWA there is no need to make families wait...? We won't know if this worked until Monday or Tuesday, as the MOWA official in charge of such decision is out of Addis until then.

So, fingers crossed on that front. But I am not hopeful.

And since it typically takes a month for translation, etc in Washington D.C. ... things don't look good for passing court at all during April. :(

I don't think a [sad face] really covers this...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I can't imagine how frustrated you all must be feeling with this. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about yet another delay. I'm just an interested blog reader and have been following your story. Can you please clarify what AAI agency you are using as I know about two of them - one in Michigan and one out east I believe?