Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seriously?!?!?!?! =(

It's a no-go.

The judge had a huge piles of cases to go through today (cases that were up for the first time today, all the cases from the last group with the power-of-attorney problems, and all stragglers (like us) from groups past...)

Rather than the judge going from longest past (us) to recent, the judge only did the cases up for the first time. :( The otherwise waiting families (like us) were rescheduled court dates between April 28 - May 7. We are waiting for AAI to get an email from the attorney to know which date we have.

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGG!

How can this be so hard? Again and again and again?

Yes, I know. International adoption - expect delays. But seriously? Six months in court? For a case that should've been open and shut?

I know this delay was not our agency's fault. I am not blaming AAI. It is just so incredibly hard to keep taking these hits.

I need a freakin' drink.

14 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh my gosh, Cat! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you feel right now. Once again, I'm so very sorry.

cindym said...

Awww, I am so sorry to hear that. I've been thinking about you today...wondering. When it rains it pours, huh? I'll be thinking of you.

Julie said...

I would so take you for a drink too :( love you

KelseyChristine said...

ahhh, how awful!

Emily B. said...

This is crazy. They were only AAI cases in court... right? (I thought I heard that each agency had a specific *day* in court.) Couldn't the lawyer suggest going oldest to newest? I mean come on! Can a family BE anymore unlucky with Ethiopian courts. First last year and now this year.... grr...

margaritas for all!

mbell said...

My heart goes out to you. I will continue to lift your family up in my prayers. I trust that our Lord has this matter held firmly in His hands and He will reward you for being faithful.

Love to all of you,
Your godmother, Michele

Matthew and Amanda said...

Cheers.

Wendy said...

Cheers to you (or maybe "beers" to you).... argh! So sorry!!

jillybean1023 said...

THIS SUCKS!

Melinda said...

Wow, Cat! I would say I can't believe it, but that would not be true. That just s_cks!!!! If you lived closer I would bring you a drink right now!!!

Holly said...

ARG! My friend Shadley also did not pass for the 4th time yesterday. Rescheduled for the 27th... I am so sorry. It really really stinks. Get yourself a drink. Have a couple!

Amber said...

My goodness... not fair. I am sorry, I am sending you a virtual drink right now!!!

Single PAP said...

sorry to hear that it's another no go. really testing your patience and faith, i know...

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

OH, I am so sorry for the wait again. I would be so frustrated. It seems soooooo unfair, seriously, do the ones waiting longest F.I.R.S.T.

Hoping this next one is a go.

You weren't praying for patience or anything, were you?