Thursday, April 16, 2009

Biting my nails...

(Sadly, those of you that know me in "real life" know that I actually am biting my nails...)

Court date. Today.

Probably won't have news for at least an hour and a half. Maybe longer. Need to be productive in the meantime, but failing...

I spoke with our agency earlier this week. It seems that the missing paperwork from the region was in fact delivered to MOWA shortly after our last court date AND our power of attorney is all set as well. So, in theory, we should be a done deal for today.

We have been here before...

I am hanging onto hope that this is truly "it" for us. However, because of the power of attorney situation, there are LOTS of families just from our agency that needed letters to be ready for court today. If we were on the bottom of that pile... well, there is just no guarantying that MOWA made it through every file.

I am doing my best to remain hopeful.

We've had some other drama going on here personally in the last few weeks on top of all of this and I'm just worn down. I could really use some good news. I just can't wait until we hear full confirmation that *S* is truly (legally) our daughter. Hoping that today is the day our luck begins to turn...

If you are the praying type, please keep our family in your prayers today, even generally. We could really use all the help we can get. If prayer isn't your thing - we certainly appreciate any good thoughts/vibes/whatever! :)


Is today the day I get to say, welcome to our family...?

5 comments:

NatalieEbigScott said...

Thinking of you constantly.

Denise said...

I'm praying here!

Jo said...

thinking of you today

Emily B. said...

OMG- STILL no news? I patiently waited for 2 whole hours. This is kililng me!

Thankfulmom said...

I am praying for good news! I'll check back.

Lisa