Thursday, April 30, 2009

And Now For Something You'll Really Like!

*** So, I started writing this post a couple of days ago. My "Tired" whining post was not supposed to stay up so long. But, life intervened as it tends to do. SO without further ado, I move out of my funk... *** :)


Guess what?! I'm done whining.

Do I have the "right" to. Probably, by most people's standards. Frankly, 2009 has... well... sucked so far. And I haven't even shared all of the reasons why here. But you know what?

I'm still a very lucky lady. And I better remember that!

I'm going to do my best to focus on the good things right now. And, hopefully, keeping up this pleasant attitude until May 7 will help yield us good results then!



So, here are some random things I am thankful for. They are NOT in order of importance! Just thinking out loud. Some are small, some are huge. But they are all great. :)



Better start with the obvious for the first 2 ...



1) My kids!!! They are just really awesome little people and never cease to amaze me. The last few days I have noticed it more and more - they have really gelled together as a family in such a wonderful way. When I leave for work in the mornings, I pause, watching Grace and Hana wait for the school bus, goofing around in the driveway. And Abi and Ally already off into their make believe world together (this usually involves a lot of playing "house" which is by FAR Ally's favorite right now - she will happily play baby, mom, dog, whatever but you better play with her!) I am just so proud at how they have come together, attached and bonded. No, things aren't perfect all the time (or even most of the time!) but they really do enjoy each other and can [usually] all 4 play pretty seamlessly.



2) Mark. I get to spend the rest of my life with my [very understanding and tolerant] best friend. What else can I say?



3) Lilacs. I don't have any yet, but even though we hacked up our bush pretty bad last year (it was getting crazy!) I think we will still have some this year and I'm excited. Love the smell!



4) Knowledge and the Ability to Learn. I am very lucky that over the years many doors have opened for me, allowing me to get a wonderful education. And more than that, my time in college/law school really gave me both the desire and the skills to keep learning. Although my career path may take a few twists and turns (and downright stumbles at times...) I know I will carry this ability with me. Unfortunately, there are so many extremely intelligent individuals, especially girls and women, who are not given such opportunities. I'm very thankful that I have.



5) Harry Potter. Seriously, who does not love these books?



6) Airplanes. I really don't think I could handle international travel via steamship. I have a pretty hearty stomach, but ... um, no.



7) Internet. I am addicted. I could totally live without cable (or even TV for that matter, although I do like watching movies) but I would have a very difficult time staying away from the computer for any length of time!



8) My family(ies). Not only am I blessed with a wonderful mom and siblings, but I got a pretty awesome set of in-laws too. Everyone has been very supportive of Mark and I, even when they didn't completely understand our decisions. And we've never doubted how much everyone cares about us. Sadly, I know far too many people who are missing this blessing in their lives, which makes me appreciate it all the more!

9) Keen sandals. Love these.



10)
Dave Ramsey.



To be continued...

1 comment:

Holly said...

What a great list Cat; such blessings. I agree about Harry Potter and the internet.. and good in-laws. :) Well, and the rest of it too! ;)