Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Since I'm sure you all want to know...

more about us (and since I just can't seem to focus on something more productive!) here is the couples meme that is all the rage...

What are your middle names? Anne and Andrew

How long have you been together? 8 1/2 years, married for 6/12

How long did you know each other before you started dating? About a year? We had a mutual friend and hung out as friends on and off for several months.

Who asked whom out? No idea, when you are 18/20 these things can sometimes just evolve. =)

How old are each of you? I am 27, Mark is 29

Whose siblings do you see the most? Toss up - it tends to vary. We are lucky to see all our siblings fairly regularly, but not as often as we'd like.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Setting aside specific situations of late, the hardest things are the most basic - having enough time as a couple, with the kids, for ourselves as individuals and with our families. I guess there just aren't enough hours in a day! Generally though, things aren't hard on "us" as a couple - we are on the same page about just about everything in our lives and (although we have our snits) we don't have too many battles.

Did you go to the same school? Different high schools, same undergrad

Are you from the same home town? nope!

Who is smarter? This is the dumbest question ever. I guess I'll just say (truthfully) that we are both smart, but in different ways.

Who is the most sensitive? hmmm... I would say that it depends! I think in a lot of ways, Mark is the more sensitive person overall (in terms of being sensitive to what other people might be thinking or feeling, and handling stressful situations better), but between the two of us, I'm the one more likely to be "sensitive" to a comment or situation or whatever... I cry more.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Dave Ramsey says that you don't see the inside of a restaurant unless you are working there. ;) Seriously though, we very rarely eat out.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Ethiopia

Who has the craziest exes? Neither really. We don't have all that many between us!

Who has the worst temper? Umm.. me.

Who does the cooking? Mark! How lucky am I! I come home to a great dinner just about every night. He is a much better cook then me, especially with Mexican food (yum).

Who is the neat-freak? Sadly, neither of us. I am more likely to be the one to get out-of-proportion fed up with it on a whim though. ;)

Who is more stubborn? Have we met?

Who hogs the bed?
Probably me. (gee, I don't seem that fun to live with. This list is depressing...)

Who wakes up earlier? Usually me by necessity

Where was your first date?
I think we went to the movies. Can't even remember which one. Sad huh?

Who is more jealous? Again, probably me, but not terribly so. We aren't very jealous people.

How long did it take to get serious?
 It pretty much was right away, even though that wasn't in my plans at the time!

Who does the laundry? Again, Mark! This is more of a function of him being home. When we were both working, on average I would say I did it quite a bit more.

Who’s better with the computer?
 Mark, hands down. I can handle the basics.

Who drives when you are together? Mark. I'm not that big of a fan of driving. I don't mind it much when I'm alone, but otherwise, I would much prefer that he drive.

No comments: