Monday, February 2, 2009

I really don't know what to say...

After news of our latest delay, I was really hanging on for good news today. After all, we are just missing the MOWA letter - that should be cleared up in a week or two right?

March 26.

That's our new court date. According to our agency, all we are missing is the MOWA letter. But we need to wait two. more. months. for court approval before we can bring her home. We might not be traveling until May. May. That would be over five months from our first court date. Ten months from referral acceptance and nine months from completed dossier in Ethiopia. Fourteen months from when we met.

No matter how you slice it, a very long time.

2009 might really be the worst year ever.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, NO! That's horrible. I'm so sorry.

Leslie said...

I am so so sorry. I know there are no words to comfort you, but I am praying for you all.

Thankfulmom said...

Sometimes it seems that there is sorrow heaped upon sorrow. You are in my prayers.

Melinda said...

I am so sorry Cat. This wait is awful and especially after the devestating news of your dad. My prayers and thoughts are with you. We travel in two weeks after 10 months of waiting. I would be happy to take pictures for you, just email me your daughter's name and I will add you to my list. I can also take a letter if you would like. momtoo2girls@yahoo.com

Holly said...

I'm so sorry! Another family I know also has been faced with this same delay. They had their referral in mid-October... first court date was Dec. 24th, then Jan 29th, and now March 26th. They were only told "MOWA is moving offices and didn't have time to review your case" It's tough, isn't it? I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this! This process can be so unbearable sometimes. I know that you are aching for your daughter and that it is very hard to find any comfort in that. Hang in there and stay strong. She will be home with you soon (but not soon enough, that is true). All the best, Liz

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I just started catching up on blogs and have to say I am so sorry for your family's loss. Some things we just never understand.

Also, oh, I am so sorry for your torturous waiting. We really do have to hold this stuff so loosely, don't we, otherwise we could make ourselves crazy. March 26th was our first court date for the twins. OK, we didn't pass that day, but we DID pass on the 27th. The judge just played hookie on the 26th, and they moved us one day out. All to say -- hoping it is a good/great day for your family.