Sunday, January 25, 2009

Broken

I've started and erased this post six times already. I don't know how to write it.


My dad was killed in a car accident last Sunday. I don't know what else to say. I just feel so incredibly broken inside and don't know where or how to begin healing. Please pray for my family. He was a great man and I don't know what we'll do without him.


For those of you who have already sent flowers, cards and prayers of support - thank you all of you. It means more than you could ever know.








The broken clock is a comfort, it helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow from stealing all my time
I am here still waiting though I still have my doubts
I am damaged at best, like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

The broken locks were a warning you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded, I'm an open book instead
And I still see your reflection inside of my eyes
That are looking for purpose, they're still looking for life

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain is the healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin')
I'm barely holdin' on to you

I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you will throw my way
And I'm hangin' on to the words you say
You said that I will, will be ok

The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now, having forgot my way home

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain, there is healing
In your name, I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin')
I'm barely holdin' on to you
I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm holdin' on (I'm still holdin'), I'm barely holdin' on to you

18 comments:

Kathy said...

oh Cat.. I don't know what to say even. Please know that my thoughts & prayers are with you and your entire family.

Kathy & Family

Leslie said...

I am so sorry. I lost my father when I was 20. Words are so inadequate at times like this, but I am praying for you, especially that you feel God's love around you through special people.

Denise said...

Oh, I am so sorry... :(

The Ellens Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
I will be praying for you.
nicole

Melinda said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the pain and grief you are going through. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayer's.

Alyssa the Ragamuffin said...

Hurting with you and praying for you. So very, very sorry.

-C said...

Cat,

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you and your family must be going through. I am thinking of you and wishing you strength in this difficult time.

Charlotte

Emily B. said...

OMG-ness! I am so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

SupermomE11 said...

Cat,
Big hugs... I am so sorry... and praying for your broken heart.

Hugs,
E

Mindy said...

I am so sorry to hear the news. Please know that I will be thinking and praying for you during this horribly rough time.

jillybean1023 said...

Wow, terrible news! I am so so sorry! Praying you will have peace again soon!

Rachael said...

Cat, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Andrea said...

Cat, wow, I haven't visited your blog in a while but that is so heartbreaking, I can't even begin to imagine. Speechless. Especially when it happens so suddenly that must be even harder to swallow because you didn't have a chance to say good bye. So very very sorry. I too will be praying for your family and you that God would give you comfort, put his loving arms around you and heal your broken heart in time.

Bethany said...

I'm so saddened by the news of losing your father and just can't imagine what you are going through. I hope for healing for your heart. People around the world are thinking about you and sending you lots of positive thoughts

Cindy said...

I am so sorry! It is incredibly difficult to lose a parent; it leaves a big hole. I will pray for you during this difficult time.

Michelle Riggs said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have any words of comfort, but i will be praying for you and your family.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Dear Cat, I am so very, very sorry for your precious loss.
jen in mi

Holly said...

Cat, I am so sorry to hear this news!!! My prayers are with you...