Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bad Luck Continues...

We were really hoping for good court news today.  We could've really used the good news.


But still, no such luck.  

All we know is that our case was fully approved, except the MOWA letter was missing.  MOWA is the Ministry for Women's Affairs and this Ethiopian government office is in charge of reviewing each prospective family and sending a letter indicating its approval to the court, seperate from the rest of our (and *S*'s) file.  So our agency has no way of knowing ahead of time if the letter is in the file and ready for court or not.

So, even though our first court date was nearly 2 months ago, still no approval letter.  Sigh.

I started preparing for this yesterday when Mark saw some email traffic on our agency yahoo group (which I have been avoiding for the past 2 months since it tends to just depress me as we wait...) that the MOWA office was moving locations this week and many court dates were failing, or otherwise delayed, as a result.  I had hoped that wouldn't affect us, but it seems we hit every snag possible.

Other families are in our same boat (unfortunately).  The weird thing is that some families were given a new court date.  We were not.  I don't know if this was just a mistake and we'll find out our new court date soon, or if we just simply "pass" as soon as this letter shows up (a week? two?)

Back in limbo.  And *S* continues to wait.  :(

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rachael said...

I just can't believe this, this is so sad and unfair. I'm so sorry for S and all of you.

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear that Cat. I really am. I do like to put your mind at ease a little by letting you know that if you don't have a court date, that is a really good thing. I think as soon as they get the letter your case will be done. Biruk didn't pass back in November again and as soon as they got the document they needed they passed him. But he didn't get a new court date. They also did a similar thing to my friend Lisa. As soon as MOWA found her file "that they lost" they finished up her case also.

Have been praying for you since I read your last entry.

Michelle Riggs said...

Agian I am so sorry your children didn't pass court this time. I don't know why it takes so long for some children to come home. I will be praying they are home soon.

Mindy said...

I am so bummed for you and the others that this has affected. I was thinking of your family all day yesterday, hoping to hear the good news and see your newest daughter's face. Prayers will continue to be sent up for your family...with EVERYTHING that is going on.

Emily B. said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine your pain.

Is *S* at Layla? I'll be there next week and I'd be happy to take pics of her and give her lots of hugs and kisses if she is.

hugs,
Emily
emberger1@yahoo.com

Denise said...

I'm sorry... Let's hope that means that you're in limbo and they can slip that letter in there and *S* can come home.