Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No Happy News

We got the following email from our agency, forwarded from the contact in Ethiopia:

Yesterday the court was closed, due to some type of partial holiday. I know that doesn't make sense, but Monday was the holiday and yet on Tuesday there were still crowds on the streets and some government offices and schools were closed. the court is now a bit behind!

They were moved to Dec. 22, as was the court date for todays' family. I will confirm this with xxxxx, but that it what xxxxxxx passed along to me.



Awesome.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry...

Emily B. said...

OMG... I am so sorry... not what you wanted to hear... but maybe still before x-mas... many more thoughts and prayers...

Andrea said...

So sorry Cat. Isn't it amazing how you always think you are prepared because you have done it all and than you do it all over again and the answers are just as painful as the first time around? I can only feel for you. Hopefully there was a mistake in the information and you don't have to wait till the 22 to get more news or court hearing. So sorry. Hang in there.

Rachael said...

UGH! That stinks! I'm so sorry.

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry. I kept hoping I'd check your blog and hear good news for your family. Will keep praying.

KelseyChristine said...

Ahhh so frustrating!
I'm sorry :(

jillybean1023 said...

I'm so sorry :(

Denise said...

Bummer! I'm sorry...

Single PAP said...

i got your msgs but i am sorry i have been a bit busy... but YES! it was wonderful to meet "S" and i DO have photos of her. she is a wonderful girl and i will write you on your home email address ( i think you left it with the first comment, on the video). i really am thrilled to find out where she is going so i can write her. i'll tell you more in a private email.

sorry for the slow response. i promise i will write this weekend!