Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Man, we have crummy luck

As you may (or may not)know, our court date was today...

I shouldn't be TOO pessimistic. Afterall, we haven't heard a firm "no go". But we finally heard from our adoption agency (please note that it is almost midnight in ET right now...) and there was no news of court today. None.

So, we don't know if it happened at all, if we passed or failed, if everyone showed up, etc. No idea.

AND the really fun part is that our visa problems continue! The visa center in Addis now had our 171h approval BUT they are saying we were only approved for one child up to age 7. PERFECT. Even though our homestudy says something crazy like 14 yrs.

Sigh.

I'd been doing so well to not get all negative this time. But I think the funk has snuck up on me...

*Hoping for good news tomorrow...*

4 comments:

Emily B. said...

Grrr! So frustrating! It's so hard to stay optimistic with all of the "hurry up and wait" that goes on in the adoption process. Fingers crossed and sending lots of happy thoughts and prayer your way.

(The selfish side of me is thinking: "You HAVE to be able to travel soon... I'm counting on you all to bring new pics our Baby D home with you!") ;)

hugs,
Emily

Marnie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry--and I hope you get excellent news tomorrow!
--Marnie, who's in Group C

-C said...

I am so sorry you guys have to deal with this again. Wasn't it this time last year that we were commiserating?. I really hope that this all is just a small glitch and that you will be able to travel very very soon! Thinking of you guys.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, I hear your disappointment. This process is massively frustrating sometimes. Hope you hear great news REALLY soon!