Monday, October 27, 2008

HAHAHAHA - What do ya know? Whining works!

If you haven't ready my whiny post yet, that's below this one. =)

We found out today that our court date is December 3rd! That's only 5 weeks from this Wednesday! That means the judge (in Ethiopia) will hear our case that day and (if all goes well) we'll travel 4 to 6 weeks later. Our best case scenario would be to leave the weekend after Christmas (crazy!), but mid-January is probably more likely. And if we don't pass... well, it's all very possible, but we're trying to remain positive!

9 comments:

Dustin, Nikki, Madison and Sage said...

Just found your blog! Hope your court date is successful! I was reading your 'Tagged' post and we both have Dave Ramsey in common. Cool! "Live like not one else so that one day, you can live like no one else."

We are in the process of adopting an older child or siblings from Ethiopia.

Blessings to your family!
Nikki

Denise said...

Yay for a court date!

Leslie said...

Praying for them to be getting everything ready so that all of you can be back together for the new year!

Emily B. said...

yippee! congrats! I'm so jealous-- give Baby D hugs and kisses for us. We were really hoping to travel in Dec/January but I'm afraid we're looking at late January (maybe February-- gosh I hope not!!!). Congrats again, Emily

jillybean1023 said...

That is so awesome! We cannot wait to follow your journey AGAIN!

Mindy said...

Congrats on the court date! Hoping everything goes well and that travel plans come together perfectly. :)

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, that is awesome news!!!!!!

I totally get the lousy waiter. That's completely me, too.

Congrats and good luck getting through the next wait!

Jillienne said...

Yeah!! I hope your day goes through with out a hiccup! Sorry it's the only word that came to me!
And she will be home soon!

Jillienne

Angela said...

I am new to your blog and am enjoying reading everything from the beginning. I just couldn't resist reading this post out of order. I am happy to hear that your family members will all be together soon.