Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fair Time!


Yesterday we packed up all the kids in the Beast (still haven't found a better name for it...) and headed back to my home town to enjoy the County Fair. I have attended each and every Fair since I was born (EXCEPT last year - so weird). And even more than that, I showed animals and participated in other events through 4-H for over 10 years when I was younger too. So you could say I was pretty hard core. :)

I had really been looking forward to sharing this with my kids and I'm glad we were able to make it this year. It was a warm day, but we had a ton of fun! We enjoyed the tractor pull, where the kids got to cheer on Grandpa and Aunt Julie (congrats on the 2nd place Grandpa Joe!). We also spent quite a bit of time in the petting zoo, where Hana got her shirt licked by a calf and Abi (rather unsuccessfully) tried to hold a baby chick. Everyone really was a pretty good trouper all in all.


After that, we headed into town to see my friend Abby's new house and new puppy! I didn't get any photos of that, unfortunately, but it was so nice to see some friends and baby London is super cute. Then Abby and Holly joined us at my brother's pool (and Julie was able to come later too)! Charlie and fam were out of town, but were gracious enough to let us use their pool - what a GREAT end to a hot day!
On the road by 7:30 with the kids cashed in the back. One of those practically perfect days, you know?

TRACTORS



Go Julie! You can do it!


PETTING ZOO








FAIR RIDES!





Mr. Cool on his pony. He was a little upset that he couldn't make it run, but mostly the pony ride was a big hit with all the kids. Except Ally. She wasn't interested in actually touching the horsey.

MISCELLANEOUS

Grace was seleted to be a volunteer in the "Pirate Show". She was aptly cast as a mermaid. It was fun to see her perform!


Not really sure what was up with Ally here. But she wanted to carry around her plastic fire hat that way. And she was determined to do so for about 5 minutes. And if you are looking closely, that is not a "leash" per se. It is her "monkey backpack" that happens to have a conveniently long tail. She feels independent, we don't lose her, everyone wins. ;)

2 comments:

Dana said...

I wish I could have been there!!! It looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see you again!

Natalie, David and Baby said...

I can't believe how much the kids are growing already. Hana and Abi look downright fat and sassy. Such bright eyes and joy in their eyes. You guys are so amazing.

I miss you. Want to play soon?