Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Official

Okay, okay ... we've been rather quiet lately! But it's been a busy summer! Rather than summarize our random busy-ness, I'll just get right to the goods.

We've been keeping a secret.

Okay, maybe not so much a secret, but just weren't quite ready to share our good news with the world at large.

But now, it's time.

We're adding to our family again.

If you read any of our posts while in Ethiopia, you might remember that we found out shortly before we traveled that Hana had an older biological sister. I think I only mentioned it in passing as we weren't really ready to "process" it. Whatever that means. But we were fortunate enough to get to meet her while in Ethiopia, which was just great.

And it took awhile once home. But Mark and I came to the realization (independently and then together) that Hana's sister was also meant to be our daughter too. So, our fifth (and oldest) child, will be joining the family late this year or early next!

Her name is *S* and she's about 10 years old and she's beautiful. Although she doesn't know we are adopting her yet, it is official- we signed the placement agreement this week! Or dossier went to our agency a few weeks ago and will (hopefully) be headed to Ethiopia by the end of the month. We are trying to finish up her welcome bag. Things are moving along!

I know that a lot of people think we are crazy. But we don't care. We are excited. =)



18 comments:

Natalie, David and Baby said...

Oh my gosh, you guys are crazy! And wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

Let's play soon, ok?

Maia said...

Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations!

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

So glad I checked some blogs tonight! Great news. How amazingly exciting!

Thanks for sharing,
Sharon

jillybean1023 said...

You are so NOT crazy! This is exciting and so amazing for your family! Cannot wait to meet her too!

Leslie said...

Wow--congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear more!!

Jillienne said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

SupermomE11 said...

Cat, YAY! I am so glad it is public knowledge know! I was just going to ask you when you were going to let the cat out of the bag...

I am so excited for you and for Selam and Hana!!!

It's fun being crazy (and lots of blessings come from it). :)

Hugs,
E

Mindy said...

What super exciting news! And how incredible that things seem to be progressing along rather quickly. Can't wait to keep up-to-date on how it all goes!

Wendy said...

Congratulations!! It's a girl!

Emily B. said...

That's awesome news! Many blessings and happy thoughts for a speedy process. :)

Denise said...

Oh, what wonderful news. I absolutely love your last line there. Of course you're not crazy and I think it's awesome that you are able to do this. How very cool indeed!

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

You're not crazy! I think that is fantastic and only pray we can do the same thing for Aleena's sister some day! She is around 12 years old right now!
Very exciting!
Smiles,
jen in mi

Andrea said...

Oh Cat, that is the best news!!! Congratulations. What a nice story. I am so glad you are not leaving her behind. 5 kids is really not that bad especially when you have the ability for one parent to stay home. So awesome. Yeah I was wondering why your blog had gotten so quiet, now I understand.

Angela said...

CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you!!

Joe said...

Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy. ~Author Unknown

Mark and Cathy...your hearts are bigger than anyone's that I know....I am humbled. love always! mom

Jennifer said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!

- Jennifer

Jo said...

You're doing a wonderful thing for that little girl and we're happy for you.

love,
Jo, Steve and kids

shell said...

congrats!