Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Beast

Since driving home from the airport upon our return from Ethiopia, we've known we would need to move "up" in car. Up as in more space. The Montana has been great, but with all 6 captains chairs full, it was just too tight. Once we decided to adopt *S*, the need to move up became more urgent.

Have you ever shopped around for a vehicle for 7 people? 4 of which are in car seats/booster seats? Not many options!

So, we bit the bullet and picked up our new addition today - a 2003 Chevy Express ... 12 passenger!



Okay, I'll wait while you stop laughing ...

...

...

Seriously now....

...

So, we went from cramped quarters to TONS of space! It's really a nice ride and we are very happy with it. Looking forward to our first "road trip" next weekend up north to really test it out!



6 comments:

Denise said...

Holy cow, I miss a few days of your blog and you went blog crazy! I loved all the pictures, it was great seeing you at the pool party, love your new van. Troy & I met when I was 16 and we got married when I was 18 (we celebrated our 10 year anniversary this year). Getting married so young has it's good and bad, but I'm SO glad we did!

jillybean1023 said...

Yeah! Welcome to the club of gigantivan drivers!

Natalie, David and Baby said...

Dude, like the Honda Odyssey advertisement says: "Respect the Van." :)

Love ya,
Natalie

elizabeth said...

You know you've reached a special adoptive family milestone when you have to get a church van!

I love it!!!

- Elizabeth

Wendy said...

I have to admit, I did wonder how you were going to get them all in one vehicle - I guess the old Partridge family school bus was out of the question?

Andrea said...

Hm, that is a monster. But hey you can even get more kids. Love the car.