Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sorry Guys!

I know we've been quiet. And restricted. As you may notice, I took the privacy blockers off for now. I'm not doing anything wrong here and we don't have that many visitors. ;) And it wasn't like it gave us any good luck!

I have to get to work but wanted to give you a quick (albeit late) summary. Our court date on the 6th was rescheduled for the 14th - yep, tomorrow. At the time, we were told that they expected to be ready to go. We were supposed to hear confirmation "early" in the week that everything was on track. So far my email about that has gone unconfirmed. I'll be calling to follow up today. But I have a bad feeling about it.

As of today, it has been 223 days since we formally accepted Abi's referral. We've been in the court system over three and a half months. It has been a horribly long, frustrating wait.

One thing we hear a lot is that it'll be "worth it" when the kids are here. Well, I don't doubt they are worth whatever wait and frustrations are thrown at us - of course they are! =) But I refuse to let that be an excuse for anyone in how our adoption was handled. Just because I would wait forever for them doesn't mean I should have to. Or more importantly, that THEY should have to wait. They've waited long enough.

Please hope, pray, send us good karma (whatever suits you) that this is it. I really don't know what I'll do if we don't pass tomorrow. I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

No comments: