Friday, February 15, 2008

The Shock is Starting to Lift!


Whew.

What a crazy 24 hours or so! I didn't realize how hard the last few months had been until last night. Little by little, the stress began to lift. I feel lighter. Happier. We are ready to bring them home. Begin our lives as a family of 6.

It really won't be too long until we can go get them! I don't want to put any exact dates on the internent since this blog isn't private any more (just seems like asking for trouble!) but most of you know or will know that timing stuff soon. Hard to believe - we've just been in such a holding patterns, feeling like there was no end in sight. Now so much to do!

Thank you, all, for your kind words, comments, emails, support, hugs, prayers, everything. To those of you who have supported me for years and to those that have been a shoulder to "cry" on (if possible via email?) for only a few months, and everyone in between - thank you for everything. We couldn't have made it through all this without all of you. And I'm sure we will continue to need you in the coming weeks, months and years. We've chosen to grow our family in a somewhat non-traditional way. And although we are so excited about that, I'm sure it will be a learning process and not always easy.

But we're up for it. ;)





5 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

I just saw on the Michigan group that they are YOURS! Congratulations. I bet you just can't wait to have them in your arms. I was reading your back posts and looks like God was really working on your patience. Well, that could only help in the long run, right.

Take care,
Sharon

Katie Ceci said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you. What an amazing jouney you are about to embark. I can't wait to meet them.
-Katie

Cathy Z said...

Congratulations, Cathy and Mark!! How excited you must be. It seems to have taken SO long, but will definately be worth the wait. We are all excited for you to bring them to their new home. How lucky they (and you and your girls) are!!God Bless You all.

Love, Cathy

KelseyChristine said...

They are so beautiful! Congratulations! I hope you travel soon...

Friedlings said...

Congratulations!!! I am beyond thrilled for you guys. YOUR CHILDREN are simply adorable and lovely... congo...congo....congo! Betam congo!

Enjoy the journey. Glad to see the smile return to your words. I'm really, really happy and relieved for you guys.

Randi in NJ
Mom to 5 including 3 from Ethiopia