Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Kiddos Are Cuties

Six days people! That's right - only 6 more days of this torture! Our third "official" court date is in 6 days and I'll be darned if I'm going to believe this isn't "it" for us. It's just got to be!

This month has been MUCH harder waiting than it was for our 2nd date. Then, I had the holidays to distract me and whatnot. But I received an email from a friend yesterday (who is in ET picking up her lovely daughter) with news on my kiddos that just might carry me through the week! See the excerpt below:

I wanted to send you a quick note on your kids. Hana and Abenezer are so cute and sweet. Abenezer seems very detail oriented-while all the other kids were crowding around me to take their pictures, he was off doing his own thing, very intent on picking up something in the dirt (I couldn't figure out what)!!! Hana is very cute, of course, and also seems to have her own little personality that is friendly but also does her own thing. I saw her bunk bed and the pictures of you are on her wall. Today I went to their school, WWO Academy. You really should ask to go while you are here. If you ask them anything, they will set it up for you--meeting family members, going to the clinic, going to the school, etc. They really are very accommodating. Hana goes to the WWO academy as well, and she was wearing the CUTEST uniform--you'll see!! :) Abenezer is also super cute as you know and looks great--none of these kids look like they are missing any meals. :) Things are great here. We had such a great time at her school today and the kids sang songs that I recorded--not just Amharic songs but also 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, which is EXTREMELY cute with their accents and hand motions. :)

How awesome is that??? THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

What a wonderful update to get! I dearly hope this court date is a good one for you.

Natalie, David and Baby said...

Oh, what refreshing, wonderful news! It makes the waiting just a little easier, I'm sure.

I'm so excited to meet them!

Dana said...

That news is so exciting! I'm counting down the days with ya!


Miss you guys!