Thursday, December 20, 2007

T Minus One Day - Part Deux

So, as you may recall, we've been here before. And I DON'T want to be here again. But here I sit, at work. Not working (as you may have noticed), but rather thinking of tomorrow/tonight. Thinking that in less than twenty-four hours (HOPEFULLY) we will know if we are legally the parents of Hana and Abenezer. Or, finding out that we aren't quite there yet and preparing for that disappointment.


I tried not to get worked up again this time - tried not to get my hopes up. but you know, that doesn't work so well for me. It's almost Christmas. I have to believe we're going to get our Christmas miracle. We didn't ask for anything else this year. Mark and I aren't even getting each other any gifts. Only one thing on our list.

If our wish comes true - mass chaos begins. If it doesn't ... well, let's just say that I'll probably leave work in tears. Let's be honest here. But I HAVE to believe they are mine. I just have to.

We've known about our son for over seven months. That is a long time to know something like that and not have him be ours yet. We've known for quite awhile about Hana too - although it took us a little longer to realize we were in it for both of them! Regardless, they are both firmly implanted in our hearts... we just need a judge to sign that dotted line.

It's going to happen - right? Right?

I wish Santa could bypass the space-time continuum. That would be handy.

3 comments:

amanda said...

thinking good thoughts for you!

Leslie said...

Praying for you!!

Denise said...

I'm praying for you, your kids over there in Ethiopia, and the court proceedings which are probably going on right now - that it's all final tomorrow and you can start making travel plans!