Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bagels Didn't Work

Unfortunately, my bagel karma was too little too late (see post below). We didn't pass.

We finally hard from our agency about 12:30 or so today. It was a hard morning of waiting. Although I'm so upset right now, I think it is still better than not knowing at all.

Apparently there was a mix up with paperwork. There is some contract (?) that needed to be filled out by the orphanage for our file and it was filled out by the orphanage they are currently at. It should've been filled out by the first orphanage they were at. (Some sort of intake paperwork or something).

We've been rescheduled for December 21st to allow time to have the proper paperwork submitted. I have no way of knowing if this was the only error in our file or if once this error was discovered we were immediately rescheduled. There could be other problems.

If we pass on the 21st, we'd likely travel mid-January. Hopefully flights will be a bit cheaper then. I have to find a bright spot.

I'm so angry at myself - I promised myself I wouldn't get my hopes up. But I did. Last night we received some new photos of Abi. He is so handsome. But he's grown so much. We're missing it. I know it doesn't seem like it, but 3 weeks is a long time.

My hearts aches.

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear the news.

Ju said...

hugs and kisses. they will be here soon. love you guys.

Thankfulmom said...

Hang in there. We went through this with our children too. It is very heartbreaking. We'll be hoping for a smooth and easy court date on the 21st.

Lisa

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Oh Cat this is hard news and it's hard not to get your hopes up when you love these children. But hang tight and I pray to hear good news from you on the 21st.
smiles,
jen in mi

Cat & Mark said...

Thank you for all the support everyone! It was a rotten day, but I know we'll get these kids home when it is the right time. I just wish the right time had been today! We'll keep you posted...

Leslie said...

You know how much I wished we'd be together in going to get our children. I am so sorry, and I pray that the upcoming court date is a happy occasion. Hugs.

friedlings said...

Mark and Cat-

I'm sorry your news was frustrating.

Your children will be home soon. They'll be in your arms before you know it.

Sending hugs and cyber-bagels (carbo karma) your way.

Randi

Dana said...

I'm sorry to hear about the court date, but they will be in your arms soon enough! Cathy, you are my most optimistic (think yellow)friend, so thing of the good things and that everything happens for a reason, it will help you get through the hard times! I love you and your family and you are in my thoughts and prayers!