Monday, November 12, 2007

Bronchitis for My Birthday


Well, not quite. ;) But unfortunately, Ally and I have been battling twin chest colds for about a week now. Poor girl - when she gets coughing at night I just want to cry! But she seems to be doing better.


As for me, I've been mostly fine. Unfortunately, the worst of it hit late last week when I was slammed at work. Oh yeah, my birthday fell in there too! Which would have made for a horrible birthday - if I didn't have such a great family. =)


Yep, the big 2-6


The day (Thursday) started off nicely with lots of hugs from Ally and Grace. Grace especially was excited for my birthday, which of course makes it so much fun. I miss when birthdays were that exciting! Mark and Al met me at lunch for a quick bite down the block which was a great break for me. After a loooooooooong day at work I made it home just in time to pack up the kids and get to Grace's school for conferences. she is doing fabulously by the way. Just a bit too chatty at times....


Anyways, made it home at a decent hour for a yummy dinner made by Mark (Mexican Chicken - yum!) AND my favorite - apple pie (also homemade by Mark)! Complete with candle and singing (and clapping by Ally). AND they even wrapped my gifts (I love wrapped gifts - hate gift bags!)


I was supposed to work more that night but after about 15 minutes I just gave up - who can work at night on their birthday? So the evening was saved after all!


All in all it was a really great day. I can't wait until next year with all the kids home. So weird - by this time next year we'll have experienced ALL their birthdays together.... And, that will mean I'll have 4 kids before I'm 27. Not too shabby. ;)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Cat!!! Happy Birthday!!!
i hope you and Ally are feeling better asap. :)

Big hugs,
Erin

Jo said...

Happy Birthday! I knew yours was sometime around now :) Your Mom gave me the site. I'm so excited for you guys!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!!! I know I'm late, but it's better late than never ;-)