Monday, October 15, 2007

No News ... Is Just That

Well, I knew we wouldn't have a court date immediately upon the reopening of the Ethiopian courts (which occurred last Monday) but hoped we would have some information by now. But alas, not just yet. In all fairness, our rather [relatively] last minute decision to adopt Hana added a slight bump in the road of piles of paperwork. But mostly, things just seem to be moving at an African pace (which means exactly as fast or slow as the Ethiopian government feels like moving right this second, which could change at any moment). So, trying to stay calm and keep myself otherwise occupied.

So that is why I haven't posted much in the last week - it kind of sucks to post... nothing. But then we realized we never posted a photo of Hana's welcome bag!



This is how she will find out she has a family! Not only that, she will find out that Abenezer will be her brother! Oh, I wish I could be a fly on the wall... We are sending a camera so hopefully we'll get some pictures from that. But we'll see. Still haven't seen any from Abi's camera (somtimes they make it back, sometimes not). But a very exciting thought. She is really old enough to 'get it' and I just can't wait for her to know! The bag should go over with someone from our agency in a week or two so maybe we'll have a photo by the end of the month? That is something to look forward to!

Until then, we just wait. Sigh.

For those of you who know my great friend Natalie from college, check out her beautiful new son! Elliott was born last Monday afternoon and mother and baby are doing great! I can't wait to meet him!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

aww elliot is so cute!!! how exciting for them - tell them I said congrats!

Leslie said...

Very cute--I can't wait to see her with her stuff!! :)

Jillienne said...

I just wanted to say bless you for putting a great big picture of your I-171H on your blog back in the day! I just pulled it up to make sure mine matched another one from MI! And it does, We are approved our last step is complete.

Also, I love that you are sending something from MI to your daughter, I hope that your court date comes soon!!