Thursday, September 20, 2007

When is it Okay for Kids to Date? 1st grade or 2nd?

Yikes.

So Tuesday night was the first grade 'meet and greet' with the kids and the parents. Fun. Although I mostly 'greeted' the ones I already knew. I'm not a good mingler. Anyways, turns out Grace has quite an admirer.

I won't get into the whole cute story b/c it would be kind of a pain to type and sort of confusing. But let's just say that it involved a gift (rolled up paper, lovely) and the evening ended with us walking back to the van and Grace's would-be suitor, Devin, yelling out the window of his parents' car as they drove away "BYE GRACE."

Yes, Grace confirmed that he is her boyfriend. However, she also noted that her recess is often spent running away from other boys as well. I think we are going to have our hands full...