Sunday, September 16, 2007

Five Whole Ks ... Yeah Baby!

Okay, so I realize that this is not a big deal to a lot of people, but it was a pretty freaking huge deal to me! I had set a goal to run a 5k race (actually run the whole thing - even if slowly - no walking) before Ally's first birthday. Well, this morning I did it with 2 weeks to spare! Amanda and I ran 3.1 miles around the zoo today!! Yeah for us!

So, maybe I haven't been able to drop that baby weight (I suppose I can't call it that any more though), but at least I can run!!! ;)

3 comments:

Natalie, David and Baby said...

Hooray for you! Congrats on achieving your goal.

You look great, BTW, baby weight or not. :)

Natalie

mrnsimons said...

Doesn't it feel great? I never thought I could run a 5K either until someone begged me to train with her (she ended up dropping out) and I've run the Race for the Cure three times now!

Amanda said...

WOOO HOO we RULE!